Last week I did a presentation on zines and it was AWESOME! I was on a roll, my Power Point Presentation had the best font ever and my classmates were very interested, which helped a lot. I’ve done talks where the audience Did Not Respond and while I managed to make it work, it’s very draining and Decidedly Not Fun. This however, felt AWE-SOME! And yes, I did the “I rock” dance while on the phone with The Big Kahuna afterwards.
During my research I found some handy Zine 101-links:
- A cute video from the Salford Zine Library, probably directed at children, since they tell you to “get an adult to help you” with the cutting of the zine.
- An “Instructibles” Guide To Zine Making, featuring a 10 minute mini-documentary called Cut & Paste.
- Ten Tips For First Time Zinesters.
- Links for zinesters, containing background information and further reading.
- An article on the difference between zines and blogs.
- A whole website dedicated to interviews with zinesters.
I also made this mini-zine
as a hand out and I’ve still got three copies left. If you want one, please leave a comment or email me at email@example.com and I’ll send it to you!
ETA: all the mini-zines have found a new home! 🙂